Monday 21 December 2015

Mask Genie - December 2015

Kia Ora!

It's time for another edition of 'random masks sent to me from Hong Kong' AKA the December Mask Genie unpouching! I love receiving this subscription, as it's always new and exciting things that come in the pouch.

Mask Genie is a mask subscription run by Genie. It's a small business (one-woman if I recall correctly), and she lives in Hong Kong. This means she has access to a huge variety of Asian masks (Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, and more). Mask Genie is a monthly subscription, 8-10 masks for $23.99.



Etude House Blending Sleeping Cream

I think this is a really neat product. You break off the handle of the spoon and use it to stir the product in the bowl of the spoon. It's an overnight sleeping mask, which I've never really used so it will be a new experience for me!


Foot Patch - Titanium

I've had one of these in a previous pouch, and I didn't think it did much. It left my feet sticky in the morning, but otherwise I didn't notice anything. I'll use it because of the novelty value but I don't have high hopes for visible results. 


Sister Diary Pearl Birds Nest Mask

Birds nest is one of those exotic ingredients that I'm not sure what it is exactly but it is supposed to do wonders for your skin. I'm happy to have this brand as it's supposed to be a good one, and I'll try this out soon!

Supermoist Hops Flowers in Beer

Beer in a sheet mask is a novel concept. I generally prefer to drink it, but I'm happy to give it a go on my face. It feels like there might be a lot of essence inside, so that should be interesting. 


Aritaum Fresh Essence Mask - Honey

Honey on the face seems like an adventure in getting sticky, but I'm sure it's been used to make up the essence in a way that isn't sticky exactly like honey. Woohoo, can't wait to try this. 

Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask Pack - Aqua

I don't know how I feel about donkey, but I'll give it a go. Aqua sounds good going into the hot summer months, so I'll happily try anything to help boost moisture in my skin. 


The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Pomegranate

I love the Face Shop's skincare, and will happily give their masks a go. Pomegranate is a lovely ingredient to have in a mask, and this will be a nice mask to use over summer this year. 

Lovemore Pearl and Red Pearl Barley

I bought the entire Lovemore pouch when Genie was selling it earlier in the year. I haven't managed to use any of the masks yet (problems of a mask addict) but this will give me the boost I need to start using some of them. 


Dr Morita Foaming Essence Facial Mask

The packaging is super cute!! Wow. It has snail in it, which makes me very happy as I love snail! It works really well with my skin, and I can't wait to try this one out. 

Cherry Blossom Ultimate Brightening Mask

Oooh, the packaging is adorable on this mask too! Cherry blossom sounds nice, and I love the idea of brightening, so I'll be interested to see what results I get from this mask. 


There are some truly unique masks in this bundle, and I'm excited to try just about all of them. Keep an eye out on my Facebook as that's where I tend to put my mask selfies and thoughts.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment