Wednesday 16 December 2015

Flora and Fauna Summer Box 2015

Kia Ora!

Finally, my Flora and Fauna box has arrived. I've been eagerly awaiting it's arrival since I knew it was due at the start of December. I tried valiantly to avoid the spoiler photo on their Facebook page (unfortunately without success), but I'm still happy to be able to play with my own version of the box.

Flora and Fauna is a quarterly (seasonal) subscription box dedicated to natural and cruelty-free beauty products. It is $35 a box, and shipping to New Zealand is around $10 extra. I bought a year's subscription (4 boxes) for $135 + shipping.



Card for those who like to peruse such things. 


 Grant's Aloe Vera Crystal Deoderant

This is something new and completely out of left field for me. I've never used a natural deoderant, and this one is plain odd. The entire stick is hard crystal, and you have to get it wet to use it. It reminds me of the alum my partner uses to stop cuts from bleeding when he nicks himself shaving. I'll happily give this a go, but I'm not sure how well it will work.

RRP: $4.95
Full size.


Eco Tan Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub

I love that this is included. I already have a bottle of this (which I haven't opened) but I'm excited to get a second one. If I haven't gone on about it enough recently, I'm obsessed with body scrubs, so this makes me happy. It also gives me an incentive to open the other tube ...

RRP: $34.95
Full size.

Atom Coffee Body Scrub

This box is scrub heavy, and I'm in love! I haven't actually got any coffee scrubs open currently, and this seems like the perfect size to take away with me at Christmas time. Woohoo!

RRP: $21 (full size 200g)
Sample size (50g): $5.25


Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil

Ummm, what? Honestly I'm not sure what this is, but one day when I'm bored I'll happily rub oil all over one and a half of my legs (or two if the sample allows it). Meh.

RRP: $31.95 (full size 100ml)
Sample size (2ml): $0.64

Dr Bronner's Castile Soap

This is some wacky packaging, and if you go in close up some of the words appear to be nonsense too. I'll happily give a wee soap sample a go. Apparently you can use this for face, body, laundry, general cleaning, the list goes on. I'll probably just use it as a body wash (when I go away from Chrsitmas as it's a great size), but am very interested to give it a whirl.

RRP: $5.95 (full size 59ml)
Sample size (est. 10 ml): $0.59 


Awe Rasadana Hydrating Mask

This is a mask that you apply, leave for 10-15 mins and then pat in fully. It's not the type of mask I usually use, but any kind of mask gets me excited. This one is great for hydration, and has honey, aloe vera, and papaya. I can't wait to try this one out!

RRP: $59 (full size 50ml)
Sample size (5ml): $2.95

Dr Hauschka Lemon Lemongrass Body Wash

Ooooh, another decent sample size body wash. Again something that is a great size for travel. I'm happy to try this as I'm never going to be able to afford a full size Dr Hauschka anything, and I love the scents of lemon and lemongrass.

RRP: $6 (trial size) 


Zuii Organic Coral Red Lipstick

This is an interesting way to try lipstick, but it's also kinda cool. I don't generally wear red lipstick, but this way I can try it out without having to get rid of a whole lippy tube if I don't like it. Awesome!

RRP: $29.95 (full size)
Sample size: $1.00 (I'm guessing for this one) 


I think this is a great box for summer! It's scrub heavy, and body wash heavy, but I'm very happy with that. I'm interested to try out the deoderant and the face mask, but I'm less excited about the lipstick and cellulite oil. I'd say this box is a solid 8/10 though, and it's a great mix of brands to try out!

What do you think?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment