Thursday 8 October 2015

Beauty Review Beauty Box - September 2015

Kia Ora!

The Beauty Review Beauty Box is finally back! There was supposed to be one in June but that never seemed to appear, so it's with a glad heart (and plenty of adrenaline) that I bought this September version! I've unboxed the December 2014 box, and the March box on my blog previously, so check those out if you want a full history of this box!

The BRBB box is available for members only (so sign up here if you want to get the next one), and is filled with at least 6 full size products. It costs $50 plus postage, and claims to have current products that are readily available in New Zealand.


I love how the boxes, tissue paper, and card are all fantastically designed. This box has beautiful spring colours!


 The ever useful card. I love the way Beauty Review includes all the information about products, the prices, and differentiate between full size products (the majority of the box) and bonus samples.


 Goodness Every Morning Moisturiser

I've been on the lookout for a morning/day moisturiser and have received three in the last few boxes I've gotten. Whew, I'm sorted for awhile now! That being said, I've been dying to try Goodness, so I'm excited to try this one out and give it a go. I'm a bit disappointed that the day cream included doesn't have SPF (especially going into summer) but it's a minor thing. 

RRP: $20
Full size.


Trilogy Make-up Be Gone Cleansing Balm

This is another brand new product on the market, which is a neat addition to the box. I don't wear makeup usually, but I can use this as a plain old cleanser. I love the addition of a cloth, as it's always nice to have more of those for removing extra traces of cleanser. I'm not overly happy to have this, but I will definitely use it. 

RRP: $39
Full size. 


Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner

Eh. I've already tried these samples before, and they are nice products but I'm not happy to see them in the box. The very first BRBB box had full size shampoo and conditioner in it, and I've been hoping for more ever since. Sigh, maybe next time.

RRP: These don't count towards the value of the box.
Samples.  


Schwarzkopf Blonde Anti-Yellow Refresher Mousse

I honestly think this is a weird product to have in the box. It says it's for all hair colours, but it's a dud product for people who aren't interested in dying their hair or making their hair lighter at all. I think this was a bad idea to include it, although it is a good product for a handful of people. I will use mine, more for novelty and so it isn't wasted, but I'm not happy with this one.

RRP: $12.99
Full size.


Schwarzkopf Styliste Sea Salt Texture Spray

Salt sprays are all the rage right now, so this is on point. I don't style my hair that often, but I'm thinking about cutting it in the next few months so I'll have to try styling my hair after that. This is a nice size to test out too.

Sample size - no price provided.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Tropical

I've been keen to try a dry shampoo for awhile, and this is the perfect opportunity. This is supposed to 'spray in, brush out' and I am in love with the scent! This does seem to work, it makes my roots look less greasy, so I'm going to have a bit more of a play with it. It's neat to have it in the box though!

RRP: $6.50
Travel size.

Schwarzkopf Styiste Ultime Amino Q Hairspray

This is the perfect hair spray size, especially for travel. As I said above, I don't usually do my hair, but on occasions that I do this is a great size to have around.

Sample size - no price provided.


Moisture Mist Dual Control Liquid Foundation - Ivory

Wow, I wasn't expecting a foundation. It's a risky item in a box because of colour matching intricacies, but I can see a lot of people appreciating this. Personally it's a flop for me, as I don't wear makeup on a daily basis (or ever really) but I do see the value to others. I like that it has SPF in it, and I suppose if you're using this in combination with the day cream then you will have some SPF protection in summer. 

RRP: $36
Full size. 


Cameo Angled Blusher & Contouring Brush

This looks like a really nice brush. I have no idea how to blush or contour (repeat ad nauseum the 'I don't wear makeup' litany), but once again I can see this being great for many people.

RRP: $10
Full size.

Collection Cosmetics Illuminating Touch Concealer

Oooh, yay, a concealer. I'll be selling this, but it's a neat addition for those makeup junkies out there.

RRP: $16.50

Za Gel Eyeliner

Right, this one I'm going to rant about. Do I have a problem with something included in the box I won't ever use? Not really - it is lucky dip. Do I have a problem with having basically the same product in the March box, and this box? Yes! Come on Beauty Review, don't be doing that shady stuff and repeating products - changing the colour/formula doesn't count, it's still an eyeliner by the same company.

RRP: $17
Full size.


Maybellline New York Colour Sensation Lipstick

Well this is browner than I had envisioned. I love dark browns, but I've not really tried a nude one before. I'm happy to give it a go, and the formula is divine! It's non-drying and truly leaves my lips soft. I'm happy with this one!

RRP: $20
Full size.


Total value of the box: $176
Total value of things I'll use in the box: $99.50

That breaks it down a little more, and makes it more obvious whether or not the box was worth it for me personally. I think it was, as I paid just over $50 for it, and I've certainly received that much.

I do think the curation is a bit lopsided this time. I would have loved to have seen full size shampoo/conditioner or a hair treatment (rather than mainly styling products), and I would have loved for something for the body to be in there ( a lotion, body butter, scrub, or shower gel type product). There was a great selection of makeup - which was not right for me but I imagine it being great for makeup girls. There are also some wicked skincare goodies which I am truly grateful to have from the box!

The curation aside, I think this box overall is the best currently in New Zealand. It's not my favourite, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of any other New Zealand based box. It has full sized products, a varied mix of products, samples that aren't stupid foil packets, and comes out quarterly (which makes for much better curation).

Are you a user of Beauty Review?

What do you think of the box?

No comments:

Post a Comment