Monday 8 June 2015

Flora and Fauna Winter Box 2015

Kia Ora!

I've been excitedly waiting for the Winter edition of Flora and Fauna, as the Autumn box was pretty awesome. Check out my unboxing for Autumn if you are interested.

Flora and Fauna is a quarterly (seasonal) subscription box dedicated to natural and cruelty-free beauty products. It is $35 a box, and shipping to New Zealand is around $10 extra. I bought a year's subscription for $135 + shipping.

There is a 10% off code for all of the products featured in this box, and the code is Winter10.



The card with full details of all the products.


Neal's Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm

This seems to be a multi-purpose product according to the card, and can be used as an exfoliator, cleanser, face mask, or balm/moisturiser. I think that is pretty cool, and I'm keen to try this out as it is an award-winner! It's also rather pricey so I can see why a sample was in the box.

RRP: $73.95 (50g)
Sample size (2g): $2.95

Nourish Naturals Dry Skin Lotion

A lotion is always nice to have, although I don't know how well you can judge it on such a small sample. I'll happily use it though.

RRP: $9.95 (200ml)
Sample size (3g): $0.15

Nourish Naturals Anti-Itch Soothing Cream

I don't really know what to do with this product, as I don't tend to have any issues with itching. My cousin has eczema though so I'll pass this on.

RRP: $12.95 (85g)
Sample size (3g): $2.40


Weleda Wild Rose Pampering Body Lotion

I love the scent of rose, so I'm excited to try this sample out. I do think that having so many sample size lotions is a bit strange in one box, but I'm happy to try a few different ones. I'm actively attempting to use up body lotions at the moment, so if I can go through several of these sample packets in a week then I'll be happy.

RRP: $25.95 (200ml)
Sample size (3g): $0.38

Weleda Pomegranate Firming Night Cream

I love pomegranate, and don't have a particular 'night' cream at the moment. I am excited to give this one a go, especially as I've had good results from a pomegranate cream in the past.

RRP: $41.95 (30ml)
Sample size (7ml): $9.78


Safix Foot and Body Care Scrub Pad

I love exfoliation aids, and this one looks really exciting. It's quite tough, which means I'm less likely to use it on the softer and more sensitive parts of my body, but I will enjoy using it on my feet and legs. I'm also impressed that it is made from natural coconut fiber, and you can throw this in the compost or in the garden once it's worn out.

RRP: 3.95
Full size.


Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm

I've been dying to try Hurraw for ages, and I'm really excited to see it in the box this month. I love mint, so I'm keen to see if this is any good as there are plenty of people raving about these lip balms. I'm working through a couple of lip balms at the moment, so I'll put this one away for a few months and save it as a reward for finishing another lip balm.

RRP: $6.99
Full size.


TanOrganic Self Tanning Oil

This was the big ticket item in the box, and the spoiler. I'm not particularly excited about this item, I don't self-tan; never have, probably never will. I don't really see the point in tanning, and I embrace the stark shade of pale that my skin is. I won't use this, although I do think it is a bit of a different product. I'll pass this on as a present to someone who likes tanning.

RRP: $42.50 (100ml)
Full size.

__________________________________________________________________________

Total value of the box: $69.10. Most of the value is the tanning oil, and some of the samples are worth less than $1.

Honestly for me this box was a bit of a let down. There were tiny samples of products that aren't too expensive, so I would have preferred a 30ml sample, or at least 2-3 packets to try (I'm referring specifically to the body lotions here, as the Neal's Yard Balm and Weleda night cream are significantly more pricey products). The tanning oil isn't my kind of thing, but I can appreciate how others will like it, and that it's simply luck of the draw.

One thing I am impressed with is the constant attention to including brands that fit with the natural and cruelty-free philosophy of Flora and Fauna. The coconut fiber exfoliator is a prime example of this. I also love that there are prices on the card this time around, and am excited that my feedback was noted and acted upon (even if it wasn't because of me, I feel like I helped).

Overall, I think this is a good box, and I'm excited to see what is in the Spring box. What do you think of this box?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment