Thursday 23 April 2015

Bonjour Jolie Box

Kia Ora!

I ordered a box from Bonjour Jolie back in September or October of last year, when they were having a sale. There were quite a few issues with international post (not helped by having Christmas postage stuffing things up), but Bonjour Jolie have the best customer service, and have resent my box, twice! I'm actually blown away by how great their customer service is, especially as they are based in America and time zones are sometimes a problem when communicating. Effectively, I can't say enough good things about this company, and that's before I even open the box.

Bonjour Jolie are a period subscription box, who supply feminine products (pads and tampons) as well as luxury pampering goods for that time of the month. They tend to have jewellery, beauty products, tea and other nice things in their boxes. I've ordered from them once before, and loved the box then too. I don't order very often as international shipping is horrendously expensive, but I like to treat myself every once in a while. Let's get into the box!





The Balm Bahama Mama

I was really amazed to see a product like this in the box. I know that The Balm is a more upmarket brand, but it isn't exactly easy to get a hold of in New Zealand. It's a rarity in a box (espeically considering the sample rubbish in other New Zealand beauty boxes), and I'm really impressed. I won't personally use this as I'm pretty much a makeup noob, but I know this will make a wonderful gift for a friend!


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Sample

Ooooh, yet another hard to find brand. I love Urban Decay, but have never had the chance to try out any of their mascaras. I'm going to love giving this a go, and am really excited to see it in the box. How amazing is it to get a sample like that?!


Epielle Facial Essence Mask - 3 varieties

How did they know I love sheet masks? I've really only used Korean ones, so I'm interested to compare an American(?) brand and see what it is like. I love that there are three different kinds from the same brand to give you a good idea of what these masks will do for your skin. I can't wait to test these out.


Stash Organic Herbal Tea

Can this box get any better? Face masks and tea! I am always envious of the tea that is in Bonjour Jolie boxes, and now I have 5 different flavours to try out. I'm especially excited to try out the Vanilla Honeybush, Very Berry, and Chocolate Orange flavours. They sound exotic and delicious. Yum!


Ciaté Mini Nail Polish

I've seen these around in American subscription boxes, and they look really cute. I don't really bother with my nails, but this will make a really neat birthday present for my sister.

Lasting Smiles Organic Lip Balm Peppermint

Lip balm seems to be a staple of Bonjour Jolie boxes, and I am excited to try this one out. I like having lip balm around, and use it multiple times a day (like most girls I'm sure).


Solid Lotion Bar Samples

Two little heart shaped solid lotion bars! Business cards for Faith, Soaps and Love are stapled to the back of each packet. How cute and awesome. I've been making a real effort recently to use body lotion, so I'm happy to try these out. There is a 10% off code, which is BONJOUR and lasts until the 31st of May. Since I probably won't order from the company (silly international shipping expenses), someone else might as well use the code. Both samples smell fantastic, and I'm hoping that they will be nice and moisturising. Yay!


Palmetto Retinol and Peptide Lifting Eye Cream

This is a 3.5g sample (I converted the measurement as I honestly think American measurements are made up numbers sometimes). It is a runny white cream, and I've been using it for the last few nights. It makes my under-eye area lovely and plump. This sample is pretty large for an eye cream sample, so it should last for quite a long time.

MarieNatie Lip Gloss - Love Struck

I don't normally wear orange coloured things, but I quite like this one. It is a sheer wash of orange, and looks more like a shimmery lip gloss than an orange lip colour. It smells delicious and like cake batter, and is not sticky at all. I know that sounds ludicrous, but it's true. I like the size too, as I don't usually get through a full size lip gloss, and this size suits me quite well.


Leccare Lollipops in Rose & Honey

Lollipops! Heart shaped and looking very tempting. I'm trying to eat healthy, so will save these for a special occasion, but these are a pretty awesome thing to get in a box. Look at the sprinkle type things on the right one. Yum!


Watts Beauty 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Solution

I've had a massive interest in Hyaluronic Acid recently, and have been trying to incorporate more of it into my routine. This product makes me excessively happy, as now my face can be the plumpest of plump! It suggests adding a couple of drops to your moisturiser (assuming you are using a Western skincare routine) so I'll probably add it to something, or just use alone. The ingredients list is pretty much pure hyaluronic acid, and I'm almost giddy with excitement about receiving this in the box!


Gumballs!

These were in the April Bonjour Jolie box (I've been stalking reviews on Youtube), and I'm happy to have received some myself. There's something strange and alluring about American 'candy', and I love trying the odd things they come up with. Not that gumballs are very odd, but sometimes the lolly addition to the box is rather strange and exotic looking.

I really can't believe how awesome this box is. Despite the hiccups in shipping, I love the top-notch customer service, and the awesome things in this box. (And no, this isn't an affiliated post, I bought the box with my own money, and am truly impressed with the company.)

I'm hoping to buy another few boxes from Bonjour Jolie later in the year. What do you guys think of this box?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment