Thursday 29 January 2015

Empties October and November 2014

Kia Ora!

Well, this feels a bit out of date. It's been sitting in my drafts folder for quite some time, and I've just not gotten around to writing the post itself until now. So I'll make sure this is followed by the December and January Empties promptly! I promise!


T2 Raspberry Rush Loose Leaf Tea

I emptied this box so quickly. I think about a week after buying it I was halfway through. Yum!! It's a lovely black tea, with a raspberry flavour. It isn't too sweet, and the raspberry isn't overpowering. I'm rubbish at describing tea, so I'm just going to say I loved it, and can't wait to get some more of this flavour. I drank it with milk, and it was delicious!


Repurchase: YES!


Dover Daily Moisture Conditioner

This is the largest bottle of conditioner I've ever owned. I like Dove, and when there was a special on this size (700ml) I jumped on it. Then this bottle lasted for 18 months, and I've been trying to use it up for ages. Don't buy this size, you get sick of using the same thing for such a long period of time (although the product itself is really good). The conditioner is here, but the shampoo wasn't finished in November. I use way more conditioner than shampoo, so usually have to have backup conditioners.

Repurchase: No, I have a buildup of hair-care thanks to Memebox.


Makeup Remover Pads

I don't even know what brand these are, and I don't really care since they were so rubbish. I was just happy to get through them, and move on. They ripped apart and were terrible for practical use. I'm glad they are gone.

Repurchase: No, cheap is not better.


Deweytree White Dew

I got this in one of my first Memeboxes, the Skincare Edition box. The product itself is fine, nice and moisturising, albeit not particularly whitening. My issue with this product is the method of disposal. It is an eye-dropper, that uses a button on the top of the silver lid to suck up product. This sounds cool, but in reality you can't really get any product out of the bottle easily. This bottle still has more than 3/4 of the product, I am too annoyed at the frustration of trying to access it. Out it goes.

Repurchase: No.


Etude House Choco Milk Talk

Ooohhh this stuff was amazing. It was a great soap, lathered well and wasn't too drying. But the best thing about it was the smell. It was like being inside a chocolate milkshake, and sometimes I wanted to drink from this bottle.Highly highly recommended (particularly for children and chocoholics).

Repurchase: Yes, yes, yes!


Emotional Rescue Body Lotion

I quite liked this lotion. It smelt lovely (herbal-y), and sunk into your skin quickly, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. I'm throwing it out because of it's age. I got this in the 2013 Christmas Goodiebox I think, and in the year since, it has started to smell slightly, erm, less than ideal. It still works, but I have other nicer smelling lotions to use.

Repurchase: Maybe, depends on price and availability.


So Susan Flutter Mascara

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. The formula was too wet, and it would take me 15 minutes to put on one  coat of mascara. There would be the initial application, the inevitable movement of my eyelids, the swearing as the mascara smeared all over my perfectly done eyelids, the attempts to remove mascara with a cotton bud (wet and dry), the re-application of mascara to get a full coat, repeat previous steps and finish with reapplication of eyeshadow. Far too much of a hassle.

Repurchase: No, nay, never; no, nay, never-no-more.


Camille Beckman Handcream

This stuff was awesome. It was quite shimmery in the pot, but this didn't transfer to the hands. It is the most moisturising cream I've ever used, a little went a long way, and it sunk into the skin almost instantaneously. I liked it so much I ordered a second pot in my Make-Your-Own Violet Box.

Repurchase: All of the yes!


Tosowoong 10 Hours Professional Treatment Protein Repair System

This leave-in treatment did wonders for my hair. This injection tube lasted me upwards of 10 applications, although it doesn't appear to have that much product at first. I loved it. My hair was soft, supple, gorgeous and healthy looking. I can't wait to get my hands on some more (made slightly difficult by the international ordering from Korea, but not an insurmountable problem).

Repurchase: Y.E.S.


Clairol Hair Gel Extra Strong

This isn't mine ... I think my SO has been adding his empties to mine. Hmmmm. His verdict on this was that it was fine, nothing special. But it wasn't bad either. Verbose response. To be fair, he is pretty sick right now. We'll let him slide with that one.

Repurchase: No?


Comvita Hydrating Night Moisturiser

Another product I'd forgotten about. I remember really liking this one, and being surprised at how long it lasted. It was a good thin lotion, but did a bang up job. I've significantly changed my routine since I used this (it's Korean based now - with a million different steps) but I would happily use this again.

Repurchase: Yes, if the price is right.


Down Town by Calvin Klein

This was yum! I've never finished a perfume sample before, so that speaks for itself. I'm rubbish at describing scents, but this was sweet and lovely. Go test it at a chemist or Farmers if you happen across it, it is delicious.

Repurchase: When I'm married to Richie Rich.


Swisspers Makeup Pads

Now these were good cotton pads. They didn't tear apart under normal usage, and were soft too. Highly recommended. The extra  dollars is worth it, as you will only need one for toner/makeup remover, rather than 3-5 terrible pads.

Repurchase: Yes.


Swisspers Facial Cleansing Wipes

I don't remember these too well (and I feel like I've talked about a lot of products already), but I do remember that they were good. Again with the soft and sturdy, while being moisturising on the face and removing makeup.

Repuchase: Yes, Yes, Yes, Swisspers, your wipes are best.


Argania Hair Oil

I finished a bottle of this awhile ago too, so this makes the second. I love the caramel scent of it, although I don't know if it was actually doing anything for my hair.

Repurchase: No, hair-care is on overload right now.


Burt's Bees Res-Q ointment

I really liked this last summer (and it was a lifesaver last Christmas when it was apparently open season on my legs and mosquito bites galore). It helps with itching and redness, and takes the awfulness out of bug bites. I'm only throwing it away because of the small snowflake like things that appear to be growing in it. I admit it is old, but I didn't think it was susceptible to mould. I'm not prepared to take chances though, so out it goes.

Repurchase: Yes, if I need it for bug bites.


Yes to Carrots Super Rich Body Butter

I don't even remember where I  got this sample from, but the body butter is the best ever! The scent is lovely, and the product sinks in quickly, leaving my legs feeling soft and smooth. If I wasn't overloaded with so many other similar products I would be buying my body weight in this.

Repurchase: Hell to the yea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go, I've finally written this up. It wasn't that hard. I'm pumped to write up the next one, and take photos for my Project Pan update, and write up some more Memebox unboxings ... and I'm procrasitinating. Oooops. At least anyone who reads regularly benefits right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed  this post. Any questions, use that comment box below. I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment