Tuesday 30 September 2014

Violet Box New Zealand - September 2014

Kia Ora!

Woohoo Violet Box is here. I'm really intrigued to see what's inside, especially as there were no spoilers in August's box

Also, sorry that this is a day late. I've been really sick for the last 10 days, and didn't quite make it to blog posting yesterday. 

Onwards, to the box!


There are little tiny bits of glass or plastic everywhere, and the tray was difficult to slide out. I hope nothing is broken!



The lighting for this photo was shocking, and I'm really sorry it is so bad. The sun wasn't really co-operating with what I wanted to do.


Girlactik Eyshadow

I received this in VIP, which is a black eyeshadow. I tend to wear nude coloured eyeshadow if I do wear makeup (on those rare occasions), so I know I won't wear this. I haven't swatched it because I know I'm going to give it away, and nobody wants a dirty great fingerprint in the middle of their nice new eyeshadow. There looked to be some other colours (blue, pink, purple) but this was a fail for me.

RRP: $23
Full size.


ModelCo Lip Luxe Duo

I haven't been very impressed with ModelCo when I've received their products in the past, but I'm always willing to give second chances. I'm so glad I did because the lipstick in this duo is fantastic! It is creamy and non-drying, and the perfect colour for me! I love nudes on my lips too, and this lipstick is perfect for me. The lipgloss is ok, it smells sweet and wears fine, but is quite sticky. I probably won't get much use out of it, but the lippy makes me a happy camper!

RRP: $14.95
Full size.


Swatches of the lipstick and the gloss. The gloss is barely visible on the left of the lipstick, it is very sheer.


Polished London Dry Shampoo

I've been dying to try a dry shampoo. Nearly a year into subscription boxes and this is my first one. It is in the flavour Bristol Bloom, and smells a little sweet. I am excited to have this to try out.

RRP: 5.99
Full size.

Starlooks Ultra Olive Gem Pencil

I really like that this isn't black. I think that there is an overabundance of black eye liners in subscription boxes and it is lovely to see a pencil in a different colour. That being said, I'm not going to use this colour. I'm not that adventurous with my makeup (see the above comments about nude colours being my favourite), but I know of a couple of people who might enjoy this. A good product to include, but not right for me personally.

RRP: $21.50
Full size.


Foltene Nail Treatment

Once again, not an ideal product for me (I couldn't give two hoots about my nails) but a good looking product. I really like how there is a doe foot applicator on this as it makes it really easy to swipe in the vague direction of your fingernails and it still applies correctly. I have a nail crazy friend who will love this.

RRP: $29.95
Full size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Total value of the box: $95.39

This box has a decent mix of items, and a good value, however I felt really disappointed with it. There were only a couple of items in there that interested me, and even then I'm not overly excited about them. I suppose this is just a box that isn't well-suited to me, but I can see the value for other people. I also couldn't find anything that was broken, so I'm not sure where the little glass/plastic shards came from.

I'm in the process of eliminating a monthly subscription box at the moment, and this isn't a great start for Violet Box. I have really like all their boxes in the past, but with Memebox being so spectacular, I can't see it comparing. It is only the first of  three September boxes, so we'll see what happens.

What do you think of this box?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment