Thursday 14 August 2014

Lust Have It - July 2014

Kia Ora!

I got a surprise in the mail box this week when my Lust Have It turned up. This is the July edition (arriving 2 weeks into August but I'm gonna blame the jump across the ditch). I wasn't expecting it, but I'm happy to have it turn up!

I've been watching a lot of Aussie Youtubers and they all seem to rave about this subscription. I have been dying to try it for awhile, and jumped at the chance. I found a voucher for LHI, and I got this box/bag for $9.95 when it is usually $19.95. Let's see if it's worth staying subscribed to this box. 


The bag it comes in is a pink mesh bag. I'm not a huge pink girl (yes, what am I doing in beauty, I know) but I like that there is a bag to use. I've already popped this into my re-gift pile with a specific girl in mind, so I'm pretty happy about that. It looks like there is a whole lot of stuff in the bag, so let's get into it.




Note: I've investigated, and my bag is quite different to others I've seen. So the first three items I list were received, in different variations, by all July subscribers.


Ardell Self-Adhesive Lashes

I've never used false lashes, and find them fairly intimidating. I have no current plans to try them out, other than receiving some vague threats from my partner's sister about their future use on my face.

These look like nice lashes, and are fairly simple. I've heard some good things on the web, so they would seem to be a reasonable brand. I've put these in the re-gift pile, but their inclusion in LHI is great for many subscribers.

RRP: $9.99
Full size


Designer Brands Nail Polish

Unfortunately for this box, I'm not a nail polish girl either. However, I have a friend with a birthday coming up that loves nail polish, and this saves me having to venture out of the house (gasp) to get a present for her. 
Apologies about the terrible photo quality. My camera has suddenly decided it won't focus on what I want and I'm in the process of sorting out something better. 
I got this in the colour Shimmer.

RRP: $6.99
Full size



Marsk Mineral Eye-Shadow

Urgh, again with the awful focusing skills. I'm so sorry everyone! Hopefully you get the idea. I got this in the colour Rich List. I also am not really keen on experimenting with different eye shadows, as I'm still really new to make-up and have literally no idea what I'm doing. But this is a perfect addition to a birthday present.

RRP: $24.95
Full size




Nuxe Creme Nirvanesque and Creme Nirvanesque Eye Contour

Foil packets. Hoo-ray. In all seriousness though, I'm happy to try out new skincare. I know this won't give me much of an idea about the product, but I'll use them and be grateful to try such an exorbitantly priced skincare range. There's really not much to say as I can't cut open the packet to see what it's like, but I'm sure these will turn up in an empties at some point.

Creme Nirvanesque RRP: $49.99 (full size 50ml)
Sample size (2ml): $1.99

Creme Nirvanesque Eye Contour RRP: $44.99 (full size 15ml)
Sample size (2ml): $5.99


 Aveda Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser

Oh no, another blurry photo. Wretcha-frigga-wretcha-frigga (I'm channelling Marv from Home Alone here).

This is the cutest wee  bottle. I'm probably going to get two, maybe three uses of the gel cleanser. That being said, it will be great for travelling or a weekend away. I'm pretty happy with this one, as I love trying different skincare, and I like the Aveda hand cream I received from Goodiebox several months ago.

RRP: $54.95 (full size 150ml)
Sample size (7ml): $2.56


La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

I've been hearing some great things about this product, and was very happy to see it in this box. I'm not so happy about how tiny the bottle is, or the fact that it is only filled up with 1/3 of product. I've had bigger samples in foil packets. Urgh.

RRP: $27.95 (full size 40ml)
Sample size (3ml): $2.10



The Cosmetic Kitchen Pure Mineral Blush

Once again, if I was a girl who used make-up more frequently, this box would be heaven. However, I don't know how to apply blush, and don't feel the need to try as yet. So this is yet another wasted product. However I will find someone to love and appreciate it. It does look rather cute.

It did come open in shipping. You can see the sticker still over the sifter, yet there is product everywhere. This is a bit of a shame, but things happen. There is still plenty of product left so it's not a lost cause.
I received this in Strawberry.

RRP: $34.95 
Full size



Coral Colours Lipstick

This is the product I have the biggest issue with in this bag. Not only has something happened to the lipstick, as there are weird patches of water or stickiness all over the product, but the packaging is awful. It looks like someone has pulled it out of their collection at home, tried to take the sticker off the tube (and failed), left it out in the rain, and then added it to the bag. I didn't swatch it because I don't know if I should, or if I can even give this away. 

The colour is ok, I probably wouldn't wear it anyway, but I would have liked to be able to give this to someone. The card doesn't even have a proper description, it simply says: 'Make-up (selection).' This seems like a very slack effort, and annoys me quite a bit. 

RRP: $9.95
Full size

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, this bag is really meh. I would have loved some of the full size skincare that was available to Australian subscribers. I'm not sure if I didn't get these because a) I used a half off code, b) I'm in NZ, or c) they were trying to get rid of a bunch of other products in the warehouse. I'm ok with getting stuff that have already appeared in their bags, especially if it is advertised as such, but the issues with the blush, lipstick and effaclar duo are quite annoying. 

Total value of the bag: $99.47

This is great value for a $10 Lust Have It bag. It would be better still for someone that will use and enjoy all the make-up. I'm not unhappy, as I've now got a great stash of presents for my make-up savvy friends, but I would have preferred more things that I personally could use. However, I'll hang about with this one and see what next month (their birthday month) brings. Stay tuned!

Until next time ...






No comments:

Post a Comment