Friday 25 July 2014

Violet Box New Zealand - July 2014

Kia Ora! 

I just received my Violet Box for July. I knew it should be here today and was anticipating it. The courier came back after an unsuccessful delivery earlier in the day to give it to me. Isn't that sweet?! Such a lovely man, who makes sure I get all my packages as soon as possible. This isn't the first time he's come back later in the same day to make sure I get my package in a timely fashion. 

On to the exciting box opening!



Oooh I'm loving the new packaging. A cute little sliding drawer. I'll have to think of a neat way to re-purpose the box, rather than just adding it to the pile of empty subscription boxes. If anyone has any ideas please let me know in the comments.


  Worms!
And the card, with the sneak peek for August.




Appelles Shampoo and Conditioner (Blackseed)

This duo smells fantastic! I saw the Aussie version of Violet Box had it previously, and was quite keen to try it myself. I'm glad I am finally getting the chance. The packaging is really neat, and I'm looking forward to using this in the near future.

Shampoo RRP: $18.95 (full size 150ml)
Sample size (60ml): $7.58
Conditioner RRP: $44.95 (full size 500ml)
Sample size (60ml): $5.40


Laqa & Co - Lip Lube Pencil

OMG OMG OMG. I've been seeing this Lip Lube in all the Aussie boxes recently, and have been really keen to try it. It's clearly my lucky day today!

The formula seems really nice so far. It's really creamy, and goes on to the lips very smoothly. The product feels very moisturising on my lips, and I think it will be really nice to wear (not drying like other lip products can be). I am not quite sure about how pink the colour is but it's growing on me. Swatches down below. 

RRP: $20.00
Full size


So Susan Flutter Mascara

A mascara. Yay? I've gotten a whole bunch of these and still have a ton to use so I can't be excited about this. I'm sure it's a nice mascara, but I've never heard of the brand, and don't want to open it until I'm going to use it (probably in 2017 or so). 

RRP: $32.00
Full size


Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil

This was the sneak peek item last month, and has also appeared in the Aussie box. I can't say I'm excited about this one either as I'm such a newbie to makeup and this sort of product is way out of my comfort zone. With absolutely zero idea of how to use it, I'm going to pass it on as a gift.
It does feel very creamy and glides on easily in the swatch. 

RRP: $22.00
Full size


Sukin Skin Purifying Facial Mask

Although the foil packets are a bit off-putting, I'm happy to be able to try this product. I love face masks, and there seems to be enough here for at least two attempts. I'm excited to be able to give this a go soon. Obviously can't yet comment on the product or scent because foil packet.

RRP: $15.00 (full size 100ml)
Sample size (8ml x2): $2.40


Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Serum

I've not had much experience with serums, so I will be interested in seeing exactly what effect this product has. The packaging is very cute, and the product smells lovely (a mix of coconut and truffles). This is a cream product, and it absorbs very rapidly! 

RRP: $75.00 (full size 30ml)
Sample size (5ml): $12.50


Swatches of the lip lube and the highlighter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall pleased with the box. It has a good variety of skincare, hair care and makeup which should please most people. For me some of it is useless, but the things I will use are good products. I do like that we haven't received any double up products or any products that are too similar to previous products. Keep up the good work Violet Box. 

Total value of the box: $101.88.

Until next time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment